Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nashville.....Yee Haw!

 
Here I am at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.


 
Awesome giant guitar

 
Me and Roger, my new KOA neighbor and travel companion for the day.  Even though hot and humid, downtown Nashville was really fun.

 
Johnny Cash Museum....walkin' the line


 
Remember reel to reel? 8 Tracks? Cassettes?



 
THE blue suede shoes.  That song was written by Carl Perkins.


 
There are A LOT of cowboy boot stores in Nashville.  Go figure.

 
Elvis is trying to keep me in Nashville....."Don't go bay-buh"

 
Symphony Park Fountain

 
Country Music Hall of Fame.  Roger and I walked inside, but didn't tour....Elvis was NOT in the building.

 
Great bar for a cool drink. Honky Tonk Central.  Live music too!

 
Jimmy was not here, but the margaritas were flowing.

 
Here is Eric the shuttle driver.  Awesome dude. I like him.  He laughs at my jokes.

 
Andrew Jackson is prominently displayed in this restaurant. Yes, that's the real name of the restaurant.  The cock of the walk refers to a gentleman that led groups of men moving barges along rivers.  It also means someone who is overbearing or wants to be the center of attention.  Makes sense.
 
 

 
They didn't hold back on using their finest dinnerware.  Here is the tin plates, tin cups and cornbread in a small cast iron skillet.  I tried hush puppies and I am glad they don't have these in restaurants everywhere or I would eat them all the time. 

 
Here is the KOA spectacular......Kenny and Krooners!!!  They played at the resort and it was some great '50s and '60s music.  A man
 
 
I don't get it...people sat there and didn't dance.  Everyone must be full of hush puppies. Ha Ha
 
 
This gentleman in the audience was in wheelchair.  Kenny invited him up.  He has had a few strokes and could not speak well.  He served in WII and was friends with Johnny Cash!!  He had dinner last night with Tommy Cash and Joanne Cash, the siblings of Johnny himself.  Stan sang for us and did an amazing rendition of Folsom Prison.  Wow.
 
 

 
Roger came over for coffee.  He is headed back to Florida on Saturday.  So nice meeting him!!
 
Love,
 
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Moon Pies yet? The chocolate ones are addictive.. There is a plantation just south of Nashville that you might want to visit. It is a working race horse ranch.

    ReplyDelete