Sunday, August 24, 2014

Little Rock, Arkansas to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Today

Hey Y'all,

After a quick overnight stay in Little Rock, which was so hot - 106 and horribly humid, (so what's new?), I headed to Oklahoma City today.

 
On the way to Oklahoma I stopped for a short break and a bird....no, a bug landed on my windshield. The bugs are out of control....and huge!!!  This one, I believe, is a candidate for a new Jurassic Park movie. I think this one is a baby. Considering its mother could be near, I took off.


Here is a funny postcard.  Calf fries....so gross.  You can look it up...if you dare.

Here are the "Laws of Oklahoma"

It is illegal to have the hind legs of animals in your boots.  (Are you still in them?)

It is illegal to wear your boots to bed. (Who will see you?)

Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger. (Really???)

Whaling is illegal.  (So funny, considering how many oceans are here, ha ha)

Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a dog.  :-()

No one may spit on a sidewalk.  (I have a feeling this one is not taken seriously)

Molesting an automobile is illegal. (Please, don't tell me this is a problem here)

No one may walk backwards downtown while eating a hamburger in Oklahoma City.  (What's with all this hamburger talk?)

One's mode of transportation must be tied up while not attended. (Does this include your bike, car?)

While passing another vehicle, you must honk your horn.  (Yeah, right....but they ALL pass ME!)


Well, Pardners.....next stop...Amarillo, Texas.   Another Yee Haw time for me!  Here I am in costume, so...don't mess with Texas!  I'm goin' back to my roots....I was borrrn in Tixis.

 

Love,

Laurie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment