This is a nice rest stop in Texas, about 100 miles from Amarillo going west on 40.
I am enjoying the open sky and amazing clouds.
This cross reminds me of Castro Valley's Three Cross Church.
It's very churchy here. I saw a highway sign with a
picture of Jesus and it said...."I specialize in U-Turns" :-)
There is a sign in the distance that says..."FREE 72 oz. STEAK"
Here is what it is all about:
YOU HAVE TO EAT IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR! (See small print under the word steak).
Texas picture postcard
The Amarillo welcome committee, the mariachi band and a lonesome cowboy
There's a storm a brewin'. I can expect 60 mph gusts tonight with rain and hail. I covered the windshield with a protective cover just in case. I already had to replace the windshield on this trip!
These are NIGHT TIME temperatures of course and storm activity. You know what I love here? DRY heat. My sister Kathleen said I would be kissing the ground when I get to California. I bet I will, no matter how dry that ground is. Drought conditions are very bad I hear.
As Bugs Bunny said.....I will try not to "Make a Wrong Toin at Albe-coi-kee"
Love,
Laurie
������������
ReplyDeleteWe were so glad to get out of Texas on our way home from Jenn's. Talk about a no man's land. Sounds like you are on your way home.
ReplyDelete