Monday, August 11, 2014

Goodbye Fall River, MA ;-(

I felt sad as I left the comfort of my Aunt Susan's house. Karen said goodbye to me and gave me a nice hug and a little gift. Awww, I love her.  I gave Auntie one more hug and hit the road.  Her house is as good as being anywhere I call home. What a great time.  Before I left this morning, my cousin David, who lives in Fall River, stopped by the RV and brought bagels and I made coffee.  It was a short, but sweet visit. So great to see him! When I get to New Mexico, I can see another Augustinho...Carl and his wife Paula.

                                          

 
Thank you to Julie's husband Matt for buying me some coffee syrup.  It is common in these parts but not at home in California!  Two cups milk and a little of this magic stuff and you have what tastes like melted coffee ice cream.  Yum.

 
Now, for a New England beer experience, Karen's husband introduced me to this beer....."Wicked Pissa" - I bet it's wicked good!  I will save it for a cool evening by a warm campfire.
 
 
This is the type of van my Aunt Susan thought I might show up in....I sure surprised her!
 
 
This restaurant is called "Boss Man Burgers"  - Note the Godfather in the background.  Leave it to Ian (on right)....he came up with this one.... "We'll make you an burgahh you canna refuse" - he is so creative that guy!  I asked Karen's husband Chris to put on his tough guy face....and he did!
 

 

 
I arrived in Mystic, Connecticut today (I had merely passed through on the way to Massachusetts).
My first stop was Mystic Pizza to have a slice.  I loved the movie.  I met some folks outside the restaurant that knew people that had worked on the set of the movie.



 
Downtown Mystic






 
I saved myself $30 bucks by taking a picture of this t-shirt instead of buying it. HA! I am getting so good at NOT buying stuff.

 
The only way you know if a psychic is real is if they step out, call you by name and say, "I've been expecting you."  Ha ha
 
 
Well, tonight's the night folks.  For the first time I am what RV'er's call "boondocking".  It is well known to RV folks that Walmart lets you park in the parking lot overnight.  I am just past Bridgeport, CT in Norwalk.  There are no RV accommodations for miles and I had to stop.  In the morning I keep heading toward the next adventure going south.
 
Love,
 
Laurie
 

 

1 comment: