Thursday, August 28, 2014

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

 
 
As explained in the previous blog, it is so interesting how the town got its name!
 
 
 
Here I am with Nancy, Rose's friend. We had lunch yesterday after I arrived.  Nancy was present as a Doula at Taya's birth (my friend Rose's daughter Taya is a beautiful light in my life).
 



Here is where we went to lunch.  Awesome burgers!
 

   Awwww, here is where Taya was born.

Here is the sky as I approached the RV site on a big hill.  There was plenty of rain, thunder and lightning.  I don't seem to get very excited about that anymore.  I've seen so much during the trip. As BB King says...."The Thrill is Gone".  Hey William...."it goan."

Here is Elephant Butte.  you have to use your imagination a bit.

The water in this reservoir is so low.  Same story in California.
 

Here is the Marina at "Damsite"

Selfie of me and Nancy on the T or C tour. 

This is a native species....Quickimovicus (Blurry Lizard).  Ha Ha


Go get me some milk at the Dam Store!



We checked the doors....locked.  We looked for people...none.  Oh!!!!!! Gee, there's a sign.
CLOSED!  Duh.

 
Had to stop at the tye-dye store here.

Here's is the hippie dude, Dukatt. I am not sure if that is his first or last name.

Even aliens get in on the tye-dye craze.

 
 
 
Here I am in the tye-dye vortex!!!
Dukatt put these antlers on me and took a picture of me with his camera. (this is my new, one-of-a-kind tye-dye shirt).  I had to have a picture too.  I think I am now in some kind of "Antler Club". He is such a weirdo..that's why I like him.
 
Nancy and I went to lunch today at the Pacific Grill Restaurant today and it was fabulous. 

Welcoming committee of one again at the Charles Hotel
 
Tomorrow I head to Kingston, to see Rose's friend Catherine at the Black Range Lodge in Kingston, New Mexico.  After a short visit there, I will head to Silver City, NM to visit with my cousin Carl and his wife Paula.  After that, Tucson and then......San Diego to see Rose and Taya!
 
Love,
 
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. We have seen a lot of New Mexico, but never T or C. We will have to go somew day.

    ReplyDelete