Monday, August 18, 2014

Visiting Dolly Parton

After Enfield, North Carolina I took a day off and stayed in Fort Mill, South Carolina.  I had to power down for a day and just sleep and watch movies.  I was exhausted from so much driving and activities. Thank goodness for air conditioning.  The sweltering heat and high humidity was awful.  I also got a few more whopper mosquito bites.  I went swimming and went for a walk yesterday too and felt better.

I woke up refreshed this morning and landed in a KOA in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, the home of Dollywood!  I may head over there tomorrow and see if Dolly is there.  I love her. 

                                             

 I drove across part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Rocky Mountain National Park area and I have to say, it was absolutely beautiful.  There were fun signs along the way, like "Yawl stop here for yer cookout lunch" (handwritten sign) and "Moonshine Drive Thru".  The little towns are really lovely and you guessed it, more churches, a lot of them.

 


 
Some geese hanging out near the KOA.  I went for a walk and then the thunder started and a downpour.  I got a quick run in though...back to the RV fast!

 
This is a replica of the Liberty Bell...you may be able to see the lettering across the top that says LIBERTY.  I believe this lights up in the evenings.  I didn't wait to find out due to the downpour.
 
I will head to Nashville next and onto Memphis to see the King!  I am hopeful that I will get a visitation of sorts so I can say I hung out with Elvis.
 
Love,
 
Laurie


1 comment: