Saturday, August 2, 2014

A New York I Have Never Seen

First of all....more birthdays!  Happy Birthday to my son-in-law Keith and my nephew Kyle.
 
Last night I stayed in Owego, New York and today I went toward Binghamton, then continued toward Poughkeepsie, NY.  I made my way over part of the Catskills Mountains. I made it to Fallsburg, NY, just short of Poughkeepsie and I am staying here in a beautiful campsite in another wooded area by a lake. I cannot believe how beautiful this region is.  I traveled along Highway 17, which crosses the state of New York along the northern border of Pennsylvania.  There was breathtaking scenery the entire way with so much rich, green vegetation and several rushing rivers and streams to see around each bend in the road.  I had considered taking another route, but this was the best choice, hands down. 
 
 
 
If you can locate Poughkeepsie on this map, you can see that I don't have far to go to get to Fall River, Massachusetts, south of Boston. I am looking forward to seeing my Aunt Susan and my cousins....can't wait! I will see them this week sometime.
 



Tomorrow, I will get to Connecticut. I will take my RV on Monday for a sorely needed check-up and an oil change at a mechanic chosen by my Pleasanton, California Dodge Sprinter/Mercedes guy.  He even looked the place up so I would know where to go in Connecticut.  Nice!  I will be traveling along the coast of Connecticut and maybe I will stop in Mystic, CT for some pizza!  If you don't have a reference point for that, Julia Roberts played an outcast in high society in the movie "Mystic Pizza."  Cool chick movie. Speaking of Julia Roberts, I just watched the DVD "Duplicity" - another good movie.  One of my many loaner DVD's from friends- thanks for that one Jim Turpin!

I am in a place of gratitude every day and for those of you following along, I thank you. Just knowing you are keeping track of me makes me feel connected to home in what folks here call "Caah-lee" (California!).  People see my license plate and cannot believe I have driven this far.  Many of them ask me why I didn't just fly here on an airplane. :-/  Well, I tell them that the experience of meeting so many nice people and seeing amazing places is far more enjoyable. :-)

Love,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment