Here is beautiful Virginia Beach. The sand is cleaned and combed daily and as my friend Gail says...is like "baby powder" - she's not kidding.
Please note a hint of butt crack and the white socks and dark shoes on this guy.
Double fashion faux pas!!!
Cool kite.
This is what I saw after I had a cocktail. Ha ha.
This is Lamar. I met him on the boardwalk. He is a photographer and was a teacher, now retired. We had teaching in common, and very similar subject matter. Nice guy. He continued down the boardwalk to find good shots...photos that is.... :-)
I want to try this one day. Not today. :-/
I stopped for a really nice lunch and the local beer called Back Bay. Don't like the name, but the beer is good.
This is Kari and Mills. She is the bartender and he is one of the regulars. Mills is an interesting name and he said he is the 9th one named Mills in the family. His son is number 10. Very nice conversation and I really had a great time there with that gorgeous beach just outside the window.
Okay, hokey ride. I didn't go in but the pirate in front kept saying things like....Meeeet the Kraken.....Avast ye Mateys....Arrrrrgh.
I wish I had a better shot, but this is the King Neptune statue outside the Hilton.
Here is Kelly, of Kelly Kab. I wanted to walk the 20 blocks to see King Neptune and some lighthouses and he was the better option and tour guide. He said, tell your friends that Santa Claus gave you a ride in his cab today. I said, okay..you're going to be on the blog!
I went to the Virginia Aquarium next.
I know....creepy, huh? Well, this is a sculpture of a seal made of garbage cast into the ocean. Damn dirty humans! It says here to purchase rope, strapping, yarn and string made of natural fibers that biodegrade.
This is a face only a mother fish could love. Nice lips. :-{}
Ahhhhh! Okay, so it's not real...but it sure looked like it was.
Aviary at the aquarium. Egrets, etc.
Blue Heron
Pelican and a one-footed something
The pelican saw me snapping photos and started moving around.
Show off!
This huge turkey wouldn't look my way. A little boy near me starting making turkey noises and gobbling loudly. The turkey responded in kind. He looked right at me.
Great horned owl...also elusive. I waited like the amateur nature photographer that I am and it finally looked my way....with quite a look! Maybe it's thinking...."REALLY? - another tourist???"
This is a Hurricane Simulator.. you put your kids in there and they get sucked up the tube and never return. Ha ha. No, not really. There is a digital read out inside that tells you the windspeed within the simulator. Pretty cool. It would be even better if it transported teenagers to a planet that will only support life forms that have good attitudes. I am so darn funny.
This is a photo just before they disappeared.
I look like Lily Tomlin in this chair. ..."and that's the truth.....phlebbbbttttthhhh.
I was tired and had a seat. Long and very fun day.
Honorable mention: I am located near Oceana Naval Air Station. When I say near, I mean the jets are practicing touch and go's throughout the day and evening...right over the RV park!!! Haven't I had enough rockin; and rollin' this week? I suppose not. The annex here is called "Dam Neck". If you keep looking up at the jets, your damn neck hurts. Buh-dum-bum....chhhh.
Tomorrow, more adventures in Virginia Beach and then I hit the road again.
Love,
Laurie
No comments:
Post a Comment