HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL SISTER KATHLEEN!!! I LOVE YOU! 50 ROCKS and SO DO YOU!
Here is my friend Brennan holding a sparkler in your honor Kathleen. The group helped me make this message for you with sticks, etc. and Michelle added a little heart on the side. Her four-year-old Owen added the red and yellow straws for a little festive color.
I found Paradise Bay in Findley Lake, NY after I pulled over to ask about RV campgrounds in the area. What a lucky girl I am!!!!
View of the dock area at Findley Lake, where the campground is. Beeeee-utiful
Two little boys doing their best to get this water bike thingy moving. Grandpa had to come rescue them. They better eat their Wheaties next time.
I was invited by my wonderful neighbors to go their boat for a ride around the lake. Here is Brennan and Johnny, on the tube behind the boat.
My new friend Kim and I on the boat.
We pulled over at "Rope Swing Cove" and I gave it a shot. My butt is above the water....sooo farrrr.
Here is how it's really done. This is Kim's husband Josh.
This is how you don't do it. HA HA
Kim and I snuck away from Rope Swing Cove and walked across the way for a quick cocktail. So nice!
Ready to go back to the campground. This ride was sooooo fun.
These folks are so inventive. Josh make this using PVC pipe, wood and large washers. It is a game of chance....or is it skill? You have to get those washers in the pipe. I didn't try this one.
I did try "Can Jam." This is really fun. Here is an action shot. My partner Andrew on the other side of the game and I did well against the other teams. You throw a special, weighted Frisbee toward a flexible can and you go for the slot or the inside. I am now addicted. By the way, if you feel like a challenge, "Extreme Can Jam" is when separate the cans further away from each other and that is harder for sure!
Here is my partner Andrew. You rock Dude!
Here is a few of the neighbors...they are AWESOME people and I wish I could have stayed longer.
Here is Andrew and Owen.
Let's see if I can remember everyone.... THANK YOU to:
Kim
Josh
Eric
Michelle
Nick
Colin
Brennan
Andrew
Johnny
Owen
....hope I didn't forget anyone!
I had a great time and I feel so lucky to have met you all. Thanks again!
I arrived in Oswego, New York for tonight's RV campground adventure. When I arrived a neighbor helped with a water hose issue and that was very nice. His 5-year-old grandson Steele invited me over to see his tent. As I was working on getting settled in, he brought me this. I told him I would have this special peanut for my dessert tonight. What a sweet gesture and once again, I have been blessed with nice neighbors.
Heading toward Poughkeepsie, NY tomorrow and the to Massachusetts to see Auntie Susan and my cousins. Can't wait!
Love,
Laurie
I am not surprised that you have made friends where ever you have stopped. RVers are nice people as a rule.
ReplyDeleteIt's not the RVers... no, no no! It is Laurie herself. She has the gift of being accepting and making friends wherever she goes. Not a mean bone in her body -- there's rarely a person that this can be said about. All people with good spirits and loving hearts can recognize it in a heartbeat. RVers included! You were born to connect, Laurie. This blog is a testament to that. xoxo
ReplyDeleteP.S.: I especially like the stick/sparkler birthday greeting. : )
ReplyDelete