About to cross the Blue Water Bridge into Canada from Port Huron.
Bienvenue au Canada
This is what I found....an oasis on a very long (5 mile) hike. A little café on the shore of Lake Huron. A Molson Canadian...good beer and a few band-aids for a few blisters from my hiking boots.
My view outside the cafe
There is going to be a rubber ducky race 8/3! I would love to see that.
I met a lot of nice folks at the Oakridge campground in Kingsville, Ontario
They are with a church group, the Cornerstone Fellowship nearby. They have
been coming to this campsite for many years during the summer.
Me and Pastor Art Hystek. He is one heck of a guy and quite the singer!
Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows
My new guitar playing friend Shannon and Diane to the right, the song bird at church.
Shannon and I had a great time playing songs together.
Said goodbye to the group. I appreciate you Vicky and Shannon. Take care and thank you!
Off to Point Peelee.... the southernmost tip of Canada.
Here I am with the shuttle driver and tour guide at Point Peelee National Park.
I am standing at the very tip of land that extends into Lake Erie
At the next campground, Pleasant Valley in Ontario with my neighbors Jim and Judy. Their friends joined us for drinks. It was fabulous.
Judy and I - what a great neighbor! We instantly became friends. Look at Jim photo-bombing us.
Jim plays a mean guitar. Awesome.
I am currently in Sandusky, Ohio and heading toward the East Coast.
Love,
Laurie
So happy to see you back online and still having an awesome trip.. those canucks can be scary ;) Love You!!
ReplyDeleteI loved the people we met in Canada. Glad you are back on line.
ReplyDelete