Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Here I am in Colorado!

First stop was Steamboat Springs.  This is a beautiful town.  I walked around in order to find a juice bar so I could get a healthy drink and some peaceful reflection and I got both.  I had a juice made of apple, pear, kale and carrot.  Yum.  Bought myself a cowboy hat too.

 
I had quite a time at the summit over the Rockies......I was approaching 11,000 feet when the RV said "Okay, I have been climbing steadily for two hours....I've had it."  Just before the Eisenhower/Johnson tunnels, I had to park off to the side and give the RV a rest for about 1/2 hour..and with only 70 miles to Denver!  Well, the RV recovered quite well and I continued on, downhill, to the Denver area.  I had dinner with Cathy and her son Travis showed up.  It is so great seeing everyone here.  Tomorrow....I get to have dinner with Bryan and Heidi - they live in Parker, Colorado.
Here is a picture when I pulled over to look at the mountains and the lake before the RV got too hot and tired..  Gnomey had to get into the picture....what a photo-bomber! He jumped in just as I took the photo.
 
 

 
 My Goddaughter Jamie is hosting....I am parked out in front of her house.  Her daughter Arwyn wants to have a sleepover with me in the RV tomorrow night. She said she will have feety pajamas on, and two stuffed animals and her book.  Here is a picture of her standing guard at the door.....girls only...no boys allowed!
 
More tomorrow,
 
Laurie

 


2 comments:

  1. I saw that picture of Arwen and thought I was looking at Jamie! Then I remembered that it was 23 years ago the last time I saw Jamie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the slumber party. You are having a journey into goodness. I look forward to your posts. One more way to see the good. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete