Sunday, July 20, 2014

Not Quite to Michigan! Holy Toledo!

Well, sometimes it is just better to stop.  I was tired and felt like settling in, having dinner and watching a movie tonight.  I stopped just short of Toledo and only have two  more hours driving time until I reach Jim and Sandi's house in Port Huron, Michigan.  I am looking forward to driving around there and exploring the shores of the Great Lakes.

I miss you Cynthia.....I loved spending time at your place.  Tell Scotty I am...."loooooking fooor the trea-sure." Say Hi to Aliyah and please let her know I am reserving a big hug for her when we meet again.

When in Ohio....you can do as they do in the "Buckeye" state.  Here is a recipe that looks like the Ohio equivalent of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, yum:

 
I had a nice drive through the countryside and then I landed here in Perrysburg, Ohio.  I have next door neighbors in this KOA and they are from California.  Another RV'er looked at our license plates and he said...."Looks like y'all got put in the same area...seein' as how yur from Californie." He is adorable.  He is here with his wife and they are enjoying their retirement.
 
I will post some great pictures soon of my adventures in Michigan.
 
Love,
 
Laurie
 
p.s. Hi Diane....I miss you too neighbor!  Let me know how it's going over there in Californie.

No comments:

Post a Comment