Thursday, July 10, 2014

Made it to Iowa

Last night was an amazing show of lightning, thunder and heavy rain in Doniphan, Nebraska.  The RV passed the leak test and it had plenty of chances to fail.  The sound inside the RV made me believe there were drums being played on the roof.  Some say there was a little hail.

The repair guys came and put in the windshield today and it fit correctly.  I had to go on a side trip to get it checked because I kept hearing a weird noise.  I thought the windshield was messed up and then I found out I left a burned out headlight bulb where the hood closes.  Good thing I went to get the noise checked out, I needed some fluids topped off and the tires were in need of a little help.  I was supposed to make a stop in Omaha, but I couldn't.


Once back on the road I stopped in Iowa and guess what? There was more corn.  Corn everywhere.

 Here is the "restaurant" I went to.  Note the silo on the side.  I bet it has corn in it.  Inside the restaurant is a guy named Sherman.  I just had to have my picture taken with him.  Note that he is getting fresh with me.  The folks at the store warned me that even though popular with the tourists, he can be handsy.  Is that a word?
 

Here is a couple that risked their lives crossing the highway to get to and from Dairy Queen.  There are lots of Dairy Queens in the midwest.
 
By the way, the 7-11 type stores have interesting names around here.  One is called "Kum and Go", really, no kidding....and the other is called "Git and Split" - wow.
 
Back on the road tomorrow headed toward the Chicago area. As usual, I will see how far I get.
 
Laurie


 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Loving your blogs and feel lucky to know you my friend. What a cool spirit you are...adorable����

    ReplyDelete