Friday, July 11, 2014

I Spoke Too Soon

Oh boy...all I had to do was brag about my RV passing the "leak test."  This morning in West Des Moines, there was a torrential rain storm with a lot of lightning and thunder.  Well, I heard a strange noise and noticed my dinette table was wet.  I looked up and noticed some water coming through the area where the slideout meets the coach.  Well, no worries.  I had to get a new windshield two days ago and now a little seal/gasket material?  No big deal, I'm own-it.  I already made some calls and I will get it all fixed up. It's all part of the adventure.

I went to have the RV checked at Des Moines RV.  Wow...the people in the Midwest continue to be very, very nice!  I pulled up unannounced and two people came out to look it over and give me some advice.  Here they are...Stephanie and Dana.  I cannot believe how great they were to me today.  I felt so cared about and I am not even a customer of theirs!  Dana said he wants to return to the Manteca area in California at some point.  Stephanie is a real sweetheart and I liked her immediately.  She did not hesitate to help and she even hooked me up with a place that works on RVs in Illinois.  Dana looked over the leaky area and put me at ease.  Thanks you two!!!

 
After I left there, I stopped in Iowa City at the Mercedes dealership there and guess what...another really nice person, Craig at Carousel Mercedes.  He took my RV right in and checked oil, fluids, tires, etc., and I was out of there in less than 30 minutes.
 
I felt a bit tired so I pulled over for gas.  Near the gas station, I saw a big sign.....
 
 
I didn't care if there were little bears or big bears there.  I was ready to stop for the day.  Angie, the proprietress of the RV park is really nice. I settled in and did some RV repair research and started to get hungry.  I am low on food, so I made due with some black beans, green beans and rice. I started to make dinner and couldn't find a can opener!  I went to a neighbor, Hillary and her husband. Luckily they had one.  Now dinner and a movie...and hopefully no bears.
 
I am on the road tomorrow to the Chicago area.
 
Love,
 
Laurie
 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. Dinner and a Movie, that sounds good. What Movies have you been watching that you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete