Sunday, July 13, 2014

Last Day in the Chicago Area

I slept in today.  The last few nights have been rough due to leaks during rain, but last night I had some trusty towels in place and they soaked up any water that got in.  I had a lovely breakfast this morning in Steve and Julie's home.  I worked in the RV for a bit cleaning up and then Kylee, Isaac and I went for a nice picnic lunch in the park next door.  We played tag and a few other games. Eight year old Isaac is into zombies, werewolves, explosives (pretend) and hunting stuff and killing....again, pretend.  Well, at the park Isaac played the hunter and Kylee, who is 4, and I played the hunted.  Well, needless to say, Isaac was successful in hunting us down in this small park.  Kylee and I had something a little more tame in mind.  We asked him to be a truck driver that found us (we played helpless kittens).  Isaac did play the driver and found us, but quickly abandoned us for a ride on the swings and a ride down the slide.  Poor, poor kittens...left in the park to fend for ourselves.


 
Steve and Julie took me shopping today.  I am always reorganizing and stocking the RV.  They  helped me so much.  Steve helped me with some RV stuff today. They have fed me, allowed me to use their home for anything I need, including electricity for the RV, laundry, shower and great company!
 
Off to Indiana tomorrow.
 
Love,
 
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment