I am trying to make peace with General Custer. He didn't listen. Well, you know what happened next. He should have listened to me.
This picture includes an optical illusion...can you see it? Look at it for a LONG time. Ha ha
I peeked in on a family in a cabin. I wonder how long they have been standing there like that. Nice folks.
Nature has a sense of humor. Two heads are better than one. Ha ha ha
Here is Becky, my new friend at the Trading Post. She gave me some good advice about where to stop along they way as I head toward Lincoln. She also helped me with buying a cool new pair of moccasins, real Indian moccasins made by Minnetonka. I had a pair when I was a teenager. I love them.
I stopped in Cozad, NE and went to a few museums in town. President Taft rode on this stagecoach. Cool...I love the history of these little towns.
This is a 19th century women's prison.
A rock hit my windshield yesterday. The crack keeps creeping over to the right and getting bigger. I am getting a new windshield tomorrow. Safelite Auto Glass....love those guys....and, insurance is covering most of it.
Too bad I don't eat corn. I would be having a feast!!! This is my friend Nina's home state. She taught me today that the flower of the corn stalk is called a "tassle"...now I can speak Nebraskan.
I am staying over in Grand Island, NE and tomorrow I head toward Omaha. I will see how far I get.
Love,
Laurie
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have worn a lot of moccasins in my day. They really are comfortable. I like the ones without the hard soles.
ReplyDeleteI Love the Tea Pot. How do they say Tea Pot in Nebraskan. Ha Ha!!!
ReplyDelete