My friend Jim and I have know each other since high school. He and his wife Sandi live in Port Huron. Sandi calls it "Port o' Pee" because some people call in Port "Urine"....sheesh. Some people! Sounds funny though. Their 15 year old daughter Grace agreed to be my tour guide today...thank you Grace! We got on the local bus around 11:00 to go sightseeing. The buses are so nice and air conditioned. All you have to do is stand outside in front of their house and wave it down! 75 cents gets you downtown and it was only 60 cents for Grace. We stopped at the Raven restaurant for lunch and I saw this...
Great coffee here.
Great Lakes Maritime Center
Jim and Sandi's daughter Grace at the Farmer's Market...Bison sold here!
This is a drawbridge that is stuck in an upright position. I call it the "Stuck up Bridge" Ha Ha
Grace and I as we are just about to embark on our
boat tour of Lake Huron on the Huron Lady II
A few nice little summer homes on the lake
My favorite
A Navy vessel
A metal fish sculpture done by the Fine Arts Department at the local community college
This is the Blue Water Bridge leading right into Canada
U.S. on one side, Canada on the other. I will cross this bridge tomorrow.
My new sailboat
The nice sandy beach
Grace and I stopped in and surprised Jim at work. He is a Master Chef and has been for years.
Jim and his friend and workmate, Derek
Sandi and Jim making good use of the cherries I bought at the Farmer's Market
Adorable
I asked Jim to get on top of the RV and cut away some
of the tree branches to clear a better path for me to exit.
Careful up there Jim! I asked him about an unfamiliar
vent on the top of the RV and he called it the "Stink Vent."
It happens to be an escape for any noxious fumes that may
develop in the RV poop tank....not that I would produce anything
like that! I am a lady! :-/ Sure, Laurie....sure.
I happened to be on the ladder at the time and almost fell
off because I was laughing so hard. Stink vent....it just sounds so funny.
This spot for the RV on the side of the house was perfect and shady!
We had some awesome chicken for dinner from "Chicken in the Rough" and wow was it good.
Great time at the Turpin Family Home!
Next.......Canada for a week or so. I will try to blog if I can borrow a computer - I may be off the grid until next week sometime. Please watch for the next blog around July 30th.
Love,
Laurie
Hello Laurie, this is Darrell. We met on the tour. I'm the other crazy, solo RV'er. Nice blog with great pictures. Well done.
ReplyDeleteCya down the road and be safe.
Have fun in Canada. We loved our RV trip across Canada. Beautiful country and so clean.
ReplyDeleteI always really liked Jim T. He was consistently nice to me when I was a little kid.... annoying sister. : ) I am happy to see his face and that he is livin' life large!
ReplyDelete