Wednesday, September 3, 2014

San Diego....and a Visit from the Queen!

This is Rose's solar-powered Dancing Queen.  She made a really funny video with the Abba video, "Dancing Queen" playing behind the Queen dancing back and forth. Hilarious!
 
 
Here is Rose, the Queen (by the biscuit) and me in a lovely Carlsbad Coffee and Tea shop.
 

 
This place is magical.  Self-Realization Fellowship has more than 500 temples, retreats, ashrams, and meditation centers around the world.  The fellowship offering all interested seekers the opportunity to come together to experience the power of group meditation, focused retreat programs, inspirational services, and to share in spiritual fellowship.
 

 
Since it is a place of reflection, I made sure mine showed up.


                                       Meditation Garden at the Self-Realization Fellowship




 

 
Peaceful walking path outside the garden

 
                                    Time to get Taya at school and then head to Old Town.
                                              Here is Rose driving with her fancy hat on.

 
The Queen came with us!

                                 
                                        Taya is so grown up. I was so happy to see her!
 

This is Lourdes.  We had a lovely dinner in Old Town.

 
 


 
This is "Stephanie" and "Jacqueline"....I asked them their birth names and they told me.
This is actually Maria Elena and Aris.  I commended them on keeping their culture alive and how beautifully they danced.  I wished them the best and hoped they teach their daughters and/or sons to dance some day.

This is the General Store at Old Town.  So much candy, so little time.
 
Two more days in San Diego and then I am heading up the coast of the beautiful state of California.
 
Love,
 
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Taya is looking so grown up and beautiful. She has always been a special girl.

    ReplyDelete