Saturday, September 6, 2014

Last Blog for this Journey.......I Have Seen the Good....and More

 
Thank you all for keeping tabs on me while I was on the road.

The journey was more that I could have asked for and talk about seeing the good!  My journey into goodness  was amazing, full of great people and wonderful experiences. 

I learned so much about myself.  I know how much confidence a person can develop.  I also know about faith and trust in the road ahead and what it holds for me.  I believe in angels and I felt spiritual guidance the entire way.  I am certain that many roads that were in my plan were not meant to be and I was guided elsewhere. Whenever that happened, something or someone great was waiting for me.  I asked God and the Universe to send me where I needed to go to learn and also where I was needed.  Therein lies the faith and trust.



 

Before leaving San Diego, Rose and I got to meet Heidi, my friend Anne's daughter.  She attends college at SDSU.  Heidi is a very kind and patient young woman.  Due to traffic, Rose and I were about an hour late.  Heidi waited for us and am I glad she did!  I enjoyed meeting her so much.  She is delightful.




When I saw "San Francisco" on the GPS and the sign below, I was so excited!  Almost back to the Bay Area.



I stopped in Hobson Beach State Park in Ventura County, north of Los Angeles.  I stayed overnight here with the beach just about 100 feet away from my RV.

Here is a spot where you can walk down a staircase and it leads right into the ocean.  Great place to sit.

 
This is a bridge going out to a little island.  Cool.
 
 

                            Oh yeah......I'm in California.



 

Here is the sunset from Hobson State Beach.  I caught a pelican flying across the sky.  Beautiful.  Feels like the sun going down on my adventure.

 
Last stop....Santa Cruz.  Headed to my sister Kathleen's house tomorrow in San Jose.  Can't wait to see her and the family.   I will then start making plans to see friends and check out the old neighborhood in Pleasanton.
 
 


Cheers everyone.....I enjoyed writing this blog and I hope you enjoyed reading it.  As I sip on this cosmo at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, I realize how relaxed I am, glowing from the fabulous experience.  I am thinking about how lucky I am to love, be loved and to have not only seen the good, but have found it in so many ways. 

Love,

Laurie

4 comments:

  1. I'm verklempt. Twok amongst yourself. Okay. You're an inspiration. You've come a long way, baby! By the way, the sand art guy was there when we were there 2 years ago. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you Girlfriend, I'm so glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have had such a happy experience. Hope your plans for the next step will be as happy and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete