Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tour of SLC.....and a bit of Holland

I went on a nice 4-hour tour of Salt Lake City today.  The tour guide/bus driver was pretty cheesy and had a lot of bad jokes, but he was very funny.

This is a bank in downtown Salt Lake City where part of the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was filmed. OMG Robert Redford was in there!  I suppose I could go find him...he only lives in Park City.  See you soon Bob... Love, your stalker.  Ha ha

 Olympic Village

 This is the inside of the Mormon Tabernacle. Amazing.  Frank Lloyd Wright's opinion is that this building has the best acoustics in the world. The music was amazing and a woman in front ripped a piece of newspaper, dropped three straight pins and a small nail and you could hear it all......from anywhere in the entire room.

Lion House, Brigham Young's home.  17 wives and 56 children.  (It is bigger in the back and the dining room seats 80 or so....really.)

 
This is Richard, Boot and Leo.  They are from Holland and were my travel companions on the tour and their RV is parked next to mine.  Gnomey suggested we bring wine, fruit and crackers over so we could have a chat with our new friends.  I agreed.  What a lovely visit and I am so happy to have met them. Look what Leo gave to me.  Real Dutch towel and I was so happy to receive it.  How sweet of them.
Gnomey....get up and behave!
 
Tomorrow, I will hit the open road.
 
Hey, Gail and Leo are headed this way on their journey to Kansas.  They will be visiting Gail's Sister Sandy.
 
 
Take care,
 
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are having such a good time meeting new folks and seeing new sights,

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Aurora now. What a trek so far. On to Kansas in the morning. Glad you had a chance to meet some "real" Dutchman. I consider myself to be more American now. Left the "old country" over 50 years ago. .. have fun on your travels.
    Leo and Gail

    ReplyDelete