This is where I started out today....Wendover, Nevada - inches away from the Utah border.
Here are the Bonneville Salt Flats, where they determine land speed records. You can test your own land speed record on the highway via the signs that check the accuracy of your speedometer.
![]() |
| First stop at the Salt Lake City Art Festival.....the local beer. |
This is a very nice woman I met named Karen. She is originally from Long Island, NY. She was my nice companion for the day.
A fun art festival....this man is playing a "Chapman Stick." It is a 12-string instrument and the musician taps on the fret causing string vibration. It was so amazing. Here's the info if you want to check it out.... bob@stickmusic.com
Here is a piece of art I bought today. It called to me and I went right to it. It certainly depicts my "flight" as I take off on this journey. The artist's name is Sondra Wampler.
Tomorrow, a tour of SLC and Sunday the Mormon Tabernacle to hear the choir sing. Now doesn't that complete the SLC experience?
Take care and more tomorrow.
Laurie





So way cool!!!
ReplyDelete